Saturday, December 31, 2005

A year in review

January:

1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?
I think so, but I can't find what it is.

2. Who kissed you at midnight?
John, of course.

3. Did it snow where you live?
No, actually. It was -40 degrees out there. Too cold for snow.

4. Do you like hot chocolate?
I guess, but I can't drink milk, so it's just not the same with soy.

5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?
Nope, have never been to New York. Have never been in the States east of Idaho. Except for Florida.

February:

1. Who was your valentine in 2004?
John, of course.

2. What did your valentine get you?
Two pairs of underwear.

3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?
Yeah, but I was not popular in elementary school when we were required to give them to everyone, so I always got less than I gave out. I remember in grade 4, Bree T. had the coolest valentines ever and I was so excited to get one. Instead she ripped a piece of paper out of a note book and wrote happy valentines on it. I was crushed.

March:

1. Are you Irish?
Not even a little bit, as far as I know.

2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
Probably not. I don't own much that is green. Colour doesn't suit me.

3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2005?
I think I had a yoga class.

April:

1. Do you like the rain?
Love the rain. Like it best in tropical climates where it is warm though.

2. Did you play an April fool's joke on anyone this year?
No.

3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?
Endless pounds from Cathy. I just threw the last of it away yesterday.

May:

1. What's your favorite kind of flower?

Bird of paradise and orchids. I have expensive tropical tastes.

3. Do you like the spring?
Yes. Such a relief when it finally comes.

4. Finish the phrase: April showers bring may flowers, what do May flowers bring?
In Calgary? The last huge snowstorm of the year, usually.

5. What would you think of as a spring color?
Colours I won't wear but like in my garden: pale pinks and purples and blues and bright yellows.

June:

1. What year did you graduate from high school?
1999. Last class of a millennium.

2. Did you go on any vacations last June?
No, but we did move into our house.

July:

1. What did you do on the 4th of July Canada Day?
I left for Mexico the next day, but on the 1st I hung out with my sister who had almost miraculously survived a really bad car crash. I don't think I talked about it here because I could not find the words. She and boyfriend and two other camp counselors where on their way north to Sylvan Lake when her boyfriend (probably) fell asleep at the wheel and drove over the median, through the southbound traffic, missed getting hit by a semi going 110km/h, hit the ditch and rolled 5 and a half times, ending up with the car planted nose first in a field. She and Paul where on spine boards for the next 8 hours, in two hospitals (Olds and Calgary) and it was a huge nightmare.

2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?
Yes, we went to Mexico with his whole freaking family. Don't do that, is my advice.

August:

1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?
We went to BC for a 5 day weekend and bought 2 cases of wine, and 55 pounds of peaches. We made a lot of jam. We also went to a family reunion/40th anniversary party in Medicine Hat.

2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?
Being in BC, wineries, drinking, eating peaches...

3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?
Once, in Lake Okanogan. It was cold. Also in the Pacific in Mexico. It was much warmer and nice.

4. Did you go to the beach a lot?
Other than those two? No. Calgary is prairies. Just found a quote by someone who said our sky is our ocean. Maybe be true, but we have no sky beaches.

September:

1. Did you attend school/college in '05?
Thankfully, no. I graduated with my amusingly useless degree in 2004.

2. Where did you go?
In the kitchen. To make jam.

3. Did you like fall better than summer?
No, I like the heat of summer. Love the heat, the sun, the tan, the vitamin D...

October:

1. What was your favorite Halloween costume ever?
I don't know. But I do know I went as a devil for like 10 Halloweens in a row, so probably that.

2. What's your favorite candy?
Chocolate.

3. What did you dress up like this year?
Trinity from the Matrix. Slick the hair back, wear tight black clothes and my sexy ankle length black plastic leather coat with the slit up the back to my bum.

November:

1. Whose house do you usually go to for thanksgiving?
Well, that's actually in October up here. But everyone's house. My family had one a week early because my sister was leaving. Cathy and Vince had one. Also at the English Grandma's. I think the Polish family did something for Thanksgiving for the first time ever too.

2. Do you like stuffing?
Yes. My mom and my aunt make good stuffing. I like other people's stuffing less. I didn't really like it growing up though. They both make amazing gravy, the best I have ever had.

3. What are you thankful for?
My health. Our house. My job and the money it makes me. My family. Good snowboard hills. One of the best local library systems in North America. Yoga.

December:

1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Yes. Endlessly, it seems.

2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?
No. Have never seen real mistletoe.

3. What do you want this year for Christmas?
Peace. In my families, in my life, in my head.

4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?
A duvet. Because I sure didn't get peace.

5. Do you like cold weather?
Not really, but now that I have the right gear I don't mind it as much.

6. How would you rate your '05?
Overall? Not too bad. Job got better, and now downright exciting. We bought a great house at the right time. I read more than 200 books. Sure, I was stressed out and cried and was upset a lot, but there have sure as hell been worse years!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm totally yoinking this meme. It'll give me something to do while I keep myself awake until bed time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home