Resolution looks good
Had a lovely date night last night, so am definitely trying to do the
resolution thing. I got home and had started to cut up vegetables for a vegetable frittatta when he called from work and asked if I wanted to join him for a burger. The debate between a tasty bar burger and whole wack of vegetables was a quick one, so as soon as he got home, we changed in to casual clothes (including my great new tshirt) and walked the few blocks to the local pub. It was wing night and I was hungry, so we split an order of honey garlic wings, something I don't know if we've ever done before ever, and ordered burgers. Big burgers. Very big burgers. Burgers the size of my head. Burgers to big for me to eat, let alone fit in my mouth. I have a tiny mouth, and this was a 100 Morgan bite burger. John ended up eating more than a quarter of it, because I was full and it was taking so long. And that never happens. But it was lovely. Burgers and wings and Strongbow for me and a Crown Float and a Grasshopper for him. (Crown float - Guinness layered over Strongbow cider, Grasshopper is a pale ale beer locally brewed by Big Rock.) Then we walked back to the house and went to the basement, put on Great Big Sea's
Play album and played darts (I lost) and then foosball (ditto). We went up stairs after almost falling asleep on the couch, checked our email and went to bed. He was asleep in maybe 38 seconds. I read a short story and then curled up around him and took maybe 42 seconds to slide into sleep. It was a nice date. We were both very touchy and cuddly all night. It was pure loveliness.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home