I am a bad person
I guess this won't go down in the annals of our lives as one of the best Christmases. I mean, it wasn't bad. But it was stressful. And dissatisfying. Also, something about all those presents makes me feel uneasy on some gut level. Also, opening them all on one day makes me feel icky. We still have presents under the tree for each other, plus we are going to my parents for dinner today where there will be more presents - but very few, which is nice. I mean, I like getting things as well as the next girl, but Cathy and Vince's house? God. We watched (Christine) opening presents for almost 4 hours. We got a dining room table from his parents, so we didn't have too much to open, but she had several hundred dollars worth of clothes and such to open, and we got to watch. I will admit, that makes me jealous. And that's horrible of me, I know! But it's true none the less. She got more new clothes and shoes yesterday than I probably bought all year - and I am trying to build a whole new work wardrobe! Of course I'm jealous - I am a petty person. How does one go about getting over that?I shouldn't even be writing this.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home