Saturday, December 24, 2005

Black for joy and love

We got the Christmas tree decorated last night! We drank highly alcoholic glog, add slightly stale gingerbread cookies and decorated our tree. It's very pretty, though shedding like crazy. Oh well.

Here is the tree last night, with just the black and blue ornaments and the lights.
Just Black Tree

A zoom of some of the ornaments. The blue black ones are from Ikea and look far blacker without a flash. The silver star is part of a blue garland.
Black brings me joy

In this shot you can see my favourite pure black little balls from Caban.
More tree shot

Here is a picture of the tree this morning, with all the presents under it and all the extra ornaments put up. Every year John and I buy each other ornaments, and my sister and I have the same tradition. I still have all the Granddaughter balls from the 80s that my grandparents gave to me. Can't not put them up, even at the expense of a themed tree.
Complete Tree

And that is our first tree in our first house. I am more than a little bit in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home