Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm ba-ck!

And thank god for that, too. 7 days of 24-7 with your parents and adult (but only in the technical sense) is just too much. By yesterday, we all loathed each other. About par for the course, I'd say. It did remind all of us why it's been 9 years since the last time we did this.

But that's okay. The Dominican Republic was a lovely way to avoid Christmas. The beach was nice, the sun was great, I read 8 books, ate a ton of fresh fruit (oh, pineapple, how I love thee), went snorkeling, drink pina coladas constantly, relaxed, slept late, played cars, got a tour of Santo Domingo, didn't have to deal with the mess of families that Christmas around here is, got a nice tan, and got to be in a whole new country.

So all in all, a lovely trip. I'm glad I went, and am so, so, so glad to be home.

Well, almost home. I'm going to a friend's house for a New Year's party, and so won't be in my own bed for another night, but what the hell - internet access and the ability to flush toilet paper down the toilet? Life is good.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:30 p.m., Blogger ladyloo said...

Have fun tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home