Monday, February 11, 2008

Dear certain tackless people,

So a lot of (rather thoughtless) people have told me that they don't know how I can stand to be apart from John for so long. Well, yes, it is hard, thanks for pointing that out to me. *shrug* Let's talk some more about how hard it is for me, and how you couldn't bear to be apart from your husband. Thanks.

But seriously, it is hard, and we will get through this. He had to go - it really is as simple as that. And at the time, we decided that this was going to be the best opportunity. I mean, for his career he has to spend a year in the field eventually, and as we said over the summer, now is a good time. We're not married, we don't have small children, at the time we weren't planning a wedding... Better to get it over and done with, and Saudi = way cooler than Fort Mac. So it was the right thing, the best option, and of COURSE it sucks. I mean, duh. So please stop pointing it out to me, in case I hadn't noticed. In case waking up in the middle of the night to a sudden noise (real or dreamed, I don't know) so afraid that someone was in the house that I couldn't feel my hands didn't make it clear how nice someone else would be to have around. You know, to fight off the mythical Bad Guys. Or when I'm having a bad day and want to be cosseted. Or when it's -47 with wind chill and I can't get the bed to warm up enough to sleep. I know it sucks, I know it probably so much better than you do. So please stop mentioning it, and please stop making it sound like I must Love Him Less because I Let Him Go, okay? I'm being a grownup here, and that means compromise and sacrifice sometimes. So basically, I guess what I'm saying? Is fuck off.

However! There is always a silver lining, and in that case, it's that next month I'm off to meet up with him in Dubai, were we will spend a few days before catching a bus to Muscat, the capital of Oman, where we will spent the rest of our trip. It will be early summer, so probably nice enough to splash in the ocean, or maybe even go snorkeling. Oman seems to be the prettiest part of the Middle East - just look! So there - not a bad silver lining, especially when you realize that his company picks up my flight tab.

Best passport year ever.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home