Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Slightly early resolutions

Well, I've at least got one thing settled. I've talked to my parents, and we've agreed that instead of trying to fit them in with a fly-grab-and-bye visit on Christmas Day before dinner with my aunt, that we will go over for a much more leisurely evening on the 26th. They've even promised we can watch the Dr. Who Christmas special, so yay.

In that spirit of positivity, I will write down my New Year's Resolution before I forget.
1) Read at least one good classic novel.
2) Get rid of two black garbage bags worth of stuff and take it to the Sally Ann or where ever.
3) Minimum one date night a month.

That sounds like about all I am willing to commit myself to. I'm even going to start going through all those handmedowns I've never worn next week, but we'll call it a resolution so that I look good.

Other things I would like to do soon/this winter:
1) Tidy my library. There are two piles of crap on the floor which can go... somewhere.
2) Clean up the yoga/present wrapping room. It is a nightmare of wrapping paper. Buy some storage, hang the candleholder.
3) Do yoga.
4) Go snowboarding.
5) Paint two rooms in the house over the next year. I'm thinking the lesbo bathroom, the bedroom, the laundry area and/or the yoga room. The bedroom will be warm white with the scarlet red main wall - the colour we like is called Rapture. The yoga room main wall will be a deep indigo, with the other walls a paler but still rich blue. For the lesbo bathroom I'm thinking chocolate walls with cream trim; I plan to add both crown molding and new baseboard, because there is no recovery for that now pink wood. I just hope I can save the door. The laundry room will also be blue, two tones, one above the wainscoting(?) the the other below.
6) Attach my shelf to the spare bedroom wall. I recovered the shelf from a house beside his grandparents that was about to be knocked down. They just ripped it out of the wall. I spent maybe 5 hours sanding it, and the I stained/varnished it 3 times on each side in a pecan satin finish. It is so gorgeous. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it's a two inch thick pine board, and it glows.

Yeah, I think that's enough. Do-able, at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home