Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm totally dancing around the living room, too

It's Saturday night, and I'm home alone for a change. (This week alone I've been out for dinner three times, seen a movie and a concert, been to both a yoga class and a mediation class, and still have a trip to the theatre and an all day cross country ski trip left in the long week.) I made an excellent dinner - a chicken (bacon) tomato wine stew over a handful of overpriced coloured pasta. I've finishing the bottle of wine that was opened to go into the stew. I've read pretty much the entire Offbeat Bride book and Winamp is playing good music. I had a massage this morning followed by several enjoyable hours spent hanging out with John's English grandma, and I got a bunch of cleaning done. (Draino!).

I'm drunk and happy and keep looking up from the book (which is awesome and is one of the things that is making me feel a shitload better about this whole wedding extravaganza thing, along with the therapy I started yesterday) and life is good.

ABout all I am missing is the boy in my bed and life would be pretty much fucking perfect. As it is, I booked my flight on Thursday, and in 6 short weeks I'll be back in the Middle East with the one I love best.

It's not perfect - nothing ever is. But right this second? Life is pretty fucking good.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home